Moving Bathroom upstairs

G

gromit

We're living in a mid terreced house on Dublins northside and we're moving our bathroom from downstairs beside the kitchen to the upstairs box room.We approached a complete bathroom comapny and were quoted 9.5k.The room is roughly 8ft by 9ft.5250 was quoted for labour.Can anyone recommend a plumber and a tiler as it would work out cheaper to get it done by seperate tradesmen.
Thanks

gromit said:
Can anyone recommend a plumber and a tiler as it would work out cheaper to get it done by seperate tradesmen.
Thanks
Hi Gromit - Don't forget the other complications of bringing in seperate tradesman. You risk ending up with the two tradesmen blaming each other if something goes wrong & leaving you stuck in the middle. You also have to manage co-ordinating the timing of the two tradesmen yourself, which may leave you with a half-complete bathroom for a few weeks.

I'm not saying that you are always better off with a main contractor, but do give some consideration to the additional risk you are taking on if you go with seperate tradesmen.

I think Rainy Day is spot on. I'm currently remodelling the ensuite shower room in our house which involves ripping up ex. floor moving wc pan, putting in bigger shower tray, new extract fan, floor and wall tiling. It'll cost me about €3000 on materials alone. I'm doing the work myself because I work in the industry and have fair hands on experience of the various trades involved. also it's a challenge for me which I enjoy. But that said you're looking at trying to co-ordinate a carpenter, plumber, electrician and tiler to work on a small job, could be a headache for you unless you know and trust the people you employ. remember the plumber isn't going to take the blame for the poor carpentry work etc.

Back