Moving back to Ireland from USA, some credit mistakes, what to do?

B

bad credit

I'm looking into moving to Ireland form the USA, as with many I have made some credit mistakes and credit is not very good at this point in life. How does my credit in the USA, effect me starting fresh in Ireland. The Job opp there has great pay and looking to getting back on my feet credit wise. How does this work getting credit card and car loan in Ireland? Thanks

Re: credit ?

Although the irish banks cannot check your credit standing in the USA they may ask for bank statements etc and evidence of your good financial standing. It's highly unlikely you would get any sort of credit for a year,(minimum) until you have established a bank account and shown you have a secure job, regular income etc. The bank might also ask for a letter from your new employer stating you salary and confirmation that the job is permenant and that your wages will be credited to your bank account each week/month. Our neighbours moved here from Canada a year of so ago and they were unable to even get a laser debit card on their bank account for the first 6 months and have only just been able to obtain a visa card.

Back