Moving A Ros Cert

CASTLESIZE

HI

The deadline is looming and I have a problem

I need to move the ROS digital certificates from a computer (that could go online up until last week) to a new computer. I though it would be as simple as copying the "ROS" folder from one C: on the old to the new computer. But when I try to log in as message comes up to say that there are no certs?

Any help would be much appreciated

John

Last time I had to do this, you are correct, you just moved the whole folder from one computer to the other, and it worked fine for me, but the ROS folder MUST be directly under c:/ not inside another folder. Did you make sure to copy the subfolders as well eg C:/ROS/Roscerts ?

Did you ask [email protected] because they are usually brilliant to respond quickly?

Are you sure that you have also got Java on the new computer (look under Program files folder) because not having Java would also prevent it working... If you ever installed the ros offline application that will be in a ros folder under Program files. Maybe you copied that one over but not the actual main ROS folder c:/ros?

Finally, I wonder whether KCrypto is on your new machine? You can check that using the utility on the ROS login page.

All the best

Imogen

Thanks

It is not enough to go to the old computer and copy the ros folder and paste it onto the

You have to create a new folder on the C: drice called "Ros" and the create another called "RosCert" and then copy the certs into it.

I don't know what the difference is but I'm up and running now

Back