Move from apartment to house

Rectory

Hi

Living in an apartment at the moment which I own outright, no mortgage on it, and worth about €300,000.
Desperate to move to a house as have 2 children and we have outgrown the apartment.
Am a stay at home Mam so income to apply for mortgage.
Is there any way at all around this? I hate that I have 300,000 sitting under me but it's serving no purpose as such as we are desperate to get out of this apartment. Obviously a house is going to cost considerably more so I just can't see any way ariubd it.
Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks.

A search on myhome.ie for 3 bed houses between 250k and 300k in Dublin brought back 273 results; you'll need to allow for the cost of sale & legal fees.

I'm taking it that your primary income is from SW and not earned income. Is it possible for you to return to work in the near future? Children are only going to get more expensive.

Having 300k equity is not to be sneezed at, you could theoretically move to somewhere in Clare, Galway, Cavan or many other counties and have a mansion for 300k, or even 200k.

Where are you living and where do you want to live? I'm guessing you're somewhere in Dublin if an apartment is valued at 300k. Have you considered moving county? Relatives of mine did that recently in almost same situation as you describe.

Back