Motor tax pin problem

Introuble83

I have always renewed my car tax online once the email was went . My car tax expired 31/12. The usual pin email was never sent this time. When I try to retrieve it online the system says online facility is not available. I assume it’s because this is now January. I tried to use the last 6 digits on the vlc. This also did not work . Tried to call them and no answer, just constantly engaged . The tax office is closed due to COVID. Any ideas how I can actually tax the car now . I sent an email but not expecting a reply anytime soon . Has anyone encountered any similar problems ?

was renewing online last year and didnt get pin in the post. I think, like you said, you had to use the last 6 digits of the vehicle registration certification number...I assume this is the vlc you mentioned above?

If the car was bought new then it is the last six digits of the VIN number, however if the car was second hand it's the last six digits of the Registration Cert, which is the number on the top right on the first page of the cert

The PIN never changes. Do you have a copy of a previous email with the PIN in it?

If the car was bought new then it is the last six digits of the VIN number, however if the car was second hand it's the last six digits of the Registration Cert, which is the number on the top right on the first page of the cert
I have had the car the last 10 years it’s just a renewel

Back