Motor Motor Insurance Claim Didn't Affect NCB?

DubShelley

Hi There,

I made a claim last year through my insurance after an accident to which I admitted fault. I've gotten my renewal quote now and they have the claim in as €2,373 but under "NCB Affected", they say "No".

Any ideas why? Is it because the claim was under a certain amount? Just wondering as I would like to shop around but I'm afraid to state I have a full no claims bonus if this is not the case.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I'll call the insurers once I know where I stand...

Thanks,
Michelle

I take it you mean the policy taken out last year. I don't have them to hand at the moment. I'll check them out as soon as I can. Do you think it's possible that claims under a certain amount do not affect your NCB?

Do you think it's possible that claims under a certain amount do not affect your NCB?

It is very possible if you have protected no claims. Many insurers allow one claim every few years below a certain threshold without reducing no claims bonus entitlements. Usually applied to own damage claims only but maybe some insurers include reasonable small 3rd party claims also

when looking for insurance most insurers ask for NCD that you have, and how long you have been accident free, so whilst you can say you have your full NCD you will have to disclose the recent accident.

when looking for insurance most insurers ask for NCD that you have, and how long you have been accident free, so whilst you can say you have your full NCD you will have to disclose the recent accident.

I have fully disclosed it and it says on the proposal form for my renewal that I had an accident and claimed for over €2K. I did not have my NCB protected - just step back protection. I just thought it was strange that it actually states "No" on my proposal form under "NCB Affected".

I presume if all is fully disclosed on the proposal then I can just go ahead and renew using this quote and my full NCB?

Is the claim settled? No personal injuries outstanding or anything?

If not they may be waiting to settle the claim before they affect your bonus.

Is the claim settled? No personal injuries outstanding or anything?

If not they may be waiting to settle the claim before they affect your bonus.

The claim was settled in September last year and there were no personal injury claims. It was just a minor fender bender...most damage was done to my car as the radiator was damaged.

The claim was settled in September last year and there were no personal injury claims. It was just a minor fender bender...most damage was done to my car as the radiator was damaged.

Its important to remember that there is a 3 year statute of limitations for Personal Injury claims.... hopefully however you are in the clear though.

Back