Mortgage "top up"

nicky77

Just wondering how long should I be paying back my mortgage before I could apply for a "top up". I got the 100% mortgage and made my first payment in Jan. I appreciate that I would only get 95% of the value of the property but would be grateful of any advice on how to go about this. And apologies if I've posted incorrectly or my subject is inappropriate

Are you sure about the 95% LTV? I know most lenders offer 90% - 92% max, this can be even less if you are topping up to refinance short term debt.

Anyway, if the value of your house has risen considerably in the last few months you should probably be able to top up now. You don't say who your mortgage is with but usually you can top up 6 months after drawdown.

The process is similar enough to when you first applied for your mortgage and you probably won't need a solicitor, although this depens on the amount of the top up.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe it is only 90%. My mortgage is with UB. I wanted to refinance other debt and to use extra for maintenance. I do know of properties in my area that are on sale for about 55k more than what I paid in Oct but I dont know if mine would be valued at that amount at present. Maybe I should just wait another while and get my debt sorted out elsewhere

We got our top up 3 months after we took out loan. The property had risen 66k in that time though

Back