Mortgage supplement review, how long does it take?

ivor james

Hi

I was just wondering how long it takes for a review to take after all documentation has been received by the CWO,and if it is to be withdrawn,are you firstly informed in writing or is it simply stopped without notice?

Reviews can take several weeks at the moment due to the large increase in claimloads at CWO offices.

If the review leads to stopping of the payment, you must be informed in writing before it happens. You will also be given details of how to appeal the decision if you wish to do so.

Hi Gipimann, and thank you for your reply, I wonder if you could also tell me if you would know that if I have an entitlement to continue to receive the supplement, would I also be informed of that decision? Or would they not see a need to let me know of that?

T.I.A.

Normally, if there's a change in entitlement (other than stopping it altogether), the CWO would let you know, but given their workload, they may not get time to contact you before you receive the next payment (at which point you know what the change if any is!).

Back