Mortgage Protection - Epilepsy

birdy

Does anyone know if having had epilepsy as a teenager would be a loading on the mortgage protection policy or could they even refuse me altogether. I am in my early thirties and first time buyer filling out the paper work and it has just occured to me. Until a family member mentioned it to me,I didn't think it would be an issue.

Having epilepsy 15 years ago & now controlled does not in anyway effect my day to day working ability, I do hope the insurance companies would see it like that also

If a specific question is asked on the application form regarding previous health issues, you will have to answer honestly. The decision will be made by the insurance company with regard to loading,possibly considering Dr report or medical. Bottom line, if you neglect to be truthfull on the application and the unfortunate event that a claim is required, the payment may not be paid out. Perhaps you could apply to a few companies at the same time and you are in a better position to make a decision on your mortgage protection.

Back