Mortgage protection end date

Toms83

Hi

so my initial mortgage start date has been put back a few weeks, but i had already sorted mortgage protection insurance, i noticed the end day of my mortgage insurance will now be about a month to 6 weeks before my actual mortgage is officially paid up in 30 years time, anyone know will this be an issue with the bank at draw down or should i get onto the insurance provider to try get the end date extended.

cheers

Have you started paying your mortgage protection? If not you should be able to change the start date. If you've already started they tend not to tweak the cover but cancel it and issue a new one.

In the greater scheme of things it shouldn't make a difference with your lender (99% of your mortgage is covered) but don't put it past a lender to want everything spot on, especially at the beginning.

Thanks, i havent start paying yet but did get the policy sent out to me with start and end date, i actually just rang then broker i went through and they said they'd place on hold until i have anther date, hopefully this also extends the end date too.

Back