Mortgage Interest Relief

C

Clueless

Hello all, I was wondering could somebody help me out here?
basically I'm living in my new home (1st time buyer) 2 years in july. I never applied for interest relief. Yes, I know silly! I filled out a TRSI form around 4 weeks ago and sent it off for the year 2004 and 2003. For 2005 I've to apply for that on the internet, I think.
I put down my own account no. and not my mortgage account no. so that the money will be paid directly to my own account. Will they do this or will they just pay it off my morgage loan? does it take long, weeks, months? also how much do you think we are talking about getting back? a few 100??

It would be great if anybody can help.

Thank you.

I did contact the revenue but the girl I got wasn't much help. Thanks again.

While I never done it myself, it is back dated for the amount of years you need to claim for so you will get a rebate. It takes a while to sort out (afaik about 2 months) but you will get what's due. It should be worth €66 a month for arrears os for 2 years = 66 x 24 ie c1584

I did this in March and last years 2005 - 2006 was paid directly off my mortgage in May and I'm still waiting on 2003 and 2004. They told me they have 4 week back log, seems back log is a lot longer. :)

Can you fill out the mortgage tax relief form before you start paying mortgage. I am just waiting on keys to my apartment and have mortgage account number etc..

Cheers

Not sure - but if you can't then you can do it [broken link removed] and Revenue claim that it will be processed overnight.

Back