Mortgage in own name negative equity

Waylander995

Quick overview
Bought a house with ex-partner in 2006. Broke up 2008. Had a mortgage on tracker for €220000. The mortgage was approx €680 a month excluding Bill's. We came to an agreement that ex paid €100 a month and I paid the rest of the balance including Bill's and I occupied the property. The house was in negative equity so it was a suitable arrangement.
In 2018 I got the house valued. It was valued at €155000. The mortgage was €162000. Negative equity of 7k. I contacted the bank and made an offer to clear the 7k myself and take over the payments of the mortgage. Bank advised that I needed to pay the full mortgage for 6 months. Contacted ex through solicitor advised her to stop paying and I payed myself. In January 2019 after 6 months of payments I contacted the bank again and proposed the same. They accepted the amount of €7k and provided details of what they needed. Main problem was the deeds. Solicitor had to get approval from ex to act on our behalf to get deeds signed off. This was finally achieved. Bank sent back deeds after a month to get amended. We amended the deeds to transfer the property into my own name. This was eventually signed after 4 long months. Sent the deeds back go the bank along with lump sum of €7k and paid solicitor fees 1% stamp duty for half of property €775 and the land registry fee of approx €650. I was just contacted by the solicitor that the deeds are sealed by the bank and they have accepted everything. My question is this? Is the property now in my name fully or do I have to wait until it is registered with the land registry which could take up to a year
Thanks for reading
If anybody is also in a similar position of starting this process feel free to contact took me 11 years but finally touch wood almost sorted

Is the property now in my name fully or do I have to wait until it is registered with the land registry which could take up to a year

What does your solicitor say?

While I have no doubt that your account is accurate, it is best to ask questions like this of your solicitor.

And by the way, well done!

Which lender?

Brendan

Back