Mortgage from PTSB problem(cross border worker)

Lordapectre

Hi folks, first time poster and didn't know where to turn to so found this forum. So my wife and I work full time. We live in County Cavan, I work full time in Cavan town, my wife works full time in Enniskillen and is paid in sterling. PTSB have told me this morning that they will not consider my wifes wages in a mortgage application due to her being paid in sterling. Her employer only pays in sterling. Seems a bit crazy to me as money is money really. Anyone else have a similar experience to this and any advice would be helpful thanks

This is thanks to the mortgage credit directive. A bank can't lend based on foreign currency income unless they can provide hedging for you.

BOI, AIB and EBS will all lend based on Euro & GBP income. But the GBP income might be stressed for affordability calculations.

I'm not sure about Ulster Bank.

KBC don't.

This is thanks to the mortgage credit directive. A bank can't lend based on foreign currency income unless they can provide hedging for you.

BOI, AIB and EBS will all lend based on Euro & GBP income. But the GBP income might be stressed for affordability calculations.

I'm not sure about Ulster Bank.

KBC don't.
Thanks very much RedOnion will try them banks

Back