Mortgage drawdown on maternity

kitty13!

Hi, I was hoping to drawdown on my mortgage before maternity began but this is looking unlikely due to conveyancing delays.
I will be getting paid by my employer along with the maternity benefit for 6 months. Will the banks still allow me to drawdown. When stress tested I'd still have enough for an additional dependent?

House price is 192500
I've a loan offer for 175000, married sole applicant
45000 savings
My base salary is 55000 ( I earn commission on top, average overall income has been 70,000 gross over the past 3 years.. they didn't take commission into account at the time as was not in the job long enough)
On maternity- employer will pay 80% of my OTE (OTE =110,000) minus maternity benefit. I will recieve 245/week state maternity benefit seperately. So basically won't be down money

They may not even ask you again and if they don't ask, well, I wouldn't volunteer it.

On the stress testing I don't know the precise rules but your mortgage will be 20%-25% of net income which is not very high.

BoI lent to us with mortgage payments of just under 30% of net income with two kids, although this was nearly a decade ago.

Thanks for the reply, will they not question the reduction on my payslip when they ask for it before drawdown

Back