Mortgage company delays

kerr

Hi, just need some advice on waiting periods for mortgage companies. The story goes: 6 weeks ago we handed all our documentation to our mortgage broker to get our 100% mortgage. From then on, they have come back to us every 10-14 days with a request for a new piece of information. Firstly it was payslips (most were already provided originally), then it was bank statements for a separate loan (it wasn't getting refinanced through this mortgage) and now it's payslips from 6 weeks ago to now. So this will now add another week on to an already laborious process.

I'm getting really frustrated that it's taking this long, and not just that, but that they could've come back to us at the start with a list of things that they may have needed and we would've sent them on. I'm worried that our estate agents are going to hand us back our booking deposit and send us on our way.

Has anyone else had experience in getting a 100% mortgage. How long did it take you to get everything sorted?

Thanks.

I wouldnt worry too much, we are having the exact same thing, except, every time either of us gets a new payslip, bank statement, or anything I just send it to broker, that way when they ask for anything else she already has it. we are at AIP ++ stage now with ICS but still no loan offer.

i feel your pain, the exact same thing happened to us and it ended up with us being handed back our deposit and the house being placed back on the market. i would seriously advise that you go to the banks yourself never again will i deal with a broker because of our experience. I have heard good things about REA though maybe they could turn things around for you if you are interested in dealing with a broker again, but to be honest its not rocket science what they are doing so if you have time try to sort it yourself.

Back