Mortgage burden cancelled

Missladycakes

Hi

I was wondering what the process is for Start Mortgages to attach themselves to my property folio after the mortgage was sold to them from PTSB?
The reason I ask is that the PTSB burden was removed a few years ago from my folio. So as it wouldn't be a basic transfer, how would they go about attaching it to my folio? (I noticed on a friends folio that the mortgage burden was cancelled and the new mortgage burden was added on the same date) Clearly in my case it can't occur on the same date.
Have googled this for a few weeks now and can't seem to find a definitive answer.
Thanks in advance.

Why was the PTSB burden removed from your folio?

Do you still owe money on your mortgage?

Does it actually matter to you if there is no charge registered on the property?

Sounds like an administrative error.

mf

Yes I still owe the money but my question isn't about that. It's will Start have issues adding themselves to the title (land registry) when there is no existing burden on the title? The burden was cancelled in 2015. A letter had to be sent to land registry to vacate the mortgage.
All I want to know is can they simply be added when there is no existing burden?

Does it actually matter to you if there is no charge registered on the property?
There is no charge YET from start mortgages.

Its quite hard to follow your posts.

You say that the charge was removed and a letter had to be sent to land registry to vacate the mortgage.

But then you say you still owe the money. Which begs the question- why was the charge removed?

And there's no point just asking for a specific answer to this specific question-

"All I want to know is can they simply be added when there is no existing burden?"

when there is something else going on in the background.

If I assume, for a moment , that there was an administrative error when the charge was removed, and the money is still owing, and you're in mortgage arrears, then I will assume that Start will make moves against you and attempt to put right what's gone wrong.

mf

Back