Morgage application - apprentice

Lostinireland

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows of a morgage lender that will take into account the earnings of an apprentice.
I am the main earner in the household, my job is thankfully pandemic proof and I have been there for 11 years.
My partner worked in the airport and is now retraining in an apprenticeship.
Our applications have been refused because only my income was counted but both of our car loans, rent and living expenses were stress tested against it.
We can comfortably pay rent, bills and save, we have over 10% deposit but I can't seem to find anywhere that would acknowledge his earnings, about 30 000 a year.
Thanks

Have you been to a mortgage broker?

They might be able to present your case in the most favourable light.

Brendan

Have you been to a mortgage broker?

They might be able to present your case in the most favourable light.

Brendan
Our car loans combined come to 16000. I spoke with a broker and the common thread appears to be that no one will accept an apprentice for a morgage.
My income is 52000, my partners is 30000.
Our savings come to 33000 at the minute and we are putting everything extra into them, 10% in this area would be 20000 -25000.
We have 1 child.
I've since tried several banks and it seems to be that until qualified no one will count his income.

The problem with an apprenticeship, or any training contract (accountant, solicitor, etc) is there's a predetermined end date. It's different to a fixed term employment contract which can be extended / rolled, so it's viewed differently by lenders.

Go through a broker who might be able to get it in front of an underwriter with a full story, rather than a tick box ruling you out early on.

Back