More Than One Pension To Spread Risk

hadit2here

Hi
I am a company director (just me in the company though) and have a Executive Pension with Quinn Life. The fund itself is doing fairly well considering the recent crisis. I am 40years of age with about 40K in the fund at the moment.

However, I started to worry that I might be putting all my eggs in one basket and was wondering is it worth it or is it a complete stupid idea to have a second pension with a different company. I particularly started to think about this after the dodgy dealings were revealed within the Quinn Group, for which they were fined.

Any thoughts, thanks ?

If you want to avoid the "single manager" risk, there are a number of multi-manager offerings whereby under the one structure you can access a choice of managers (and switch between managers if you want). It may be a slightly more expensive structure (higher annual management chanrge) but at least you can spread you investment accross a range of managers.
Some might argue that the single manager approach is akin to putting all your eggs in one basket (manager).

Thanks Conan

"all my eggs in one basket" (Quinns Basket)

that is my worry ....

Would anyone be able to recommend a MultiManager Executive Pension. I looked at AIB website for example but could not find any info about charges ....

Hi

Standard life have a wide range of funds here are some options

Balanced Multi Manager: Management charge 1.35% Volatility rating 5

Balanced Tracker: Management charge 1% Volatility rating 5

Global Absolutes Return Strategies: Management Charge 1.35% Volatility rating 3.

Bank deposits with AIB, Rabo Direct,Ulster Bank BOI, Bank of Scotland (Ireland).

You can also do direct share dealing and ETFs, if you want. they will set up an account for you.

These are a few options available through the Standard Life Synergy Executive Pension plan

Hope this is of benefit.

Regards

John

Back