"more than 200 restaurants and cafes have shut this year"

Customers are more assertive and 'fussy' in general; the days of diners accepting poor quality, over/undercooked food has passed. Restaurants don't want bad reviews on Tripadvisor (or whatever) so will pander to their clients. My cousin owns a fairly high end restaurant and big problem for him is customers sending back food that is of perfect standard. He has noticed a change over the years. He said a customer might ask for a medium cooked steak and then argue that the steak is not what he/she expected - that piece of meat goes in the bin and the profit margin in the bin with the steak..

Cafe Mao has gone in to liquidation.....two weeks after we received a gift voucher for them. (still unused).

We always enjoyed going to their Stillorgan outlet once a month for a nice lunch....lip smackingly good.

Dunnes Stores outlet in the Stillorgan Shopping Centre is now gone also.

Two reasons for me not to travel to Stillorgan now. My few Euro will move elsewhere.

Places we took for granted now gone.
The new build to rent apartments opposite Stullorgan sc have cafe retail opportunities available on the ground floor. I wonder what the take up will be? I hope there are some new upmarket coffee shops

Last edited:
Back