More Northern Rock Account Trouble

what about rabo?

given the level of jitters re banks like northern rock, does anyone have any concerns about rabo? - who are the safe ones?

Re: what about rabo?

given the level of jitters re banks like northern rock, does anyone have any concerns about rabo? - who are the safe ones?

This has been discussed extensively on this thread

Rabobank is the only AAA rated bank in Ireland and in terms of assets, is larger than AIB and Bank of Ireland put together. RaboDirect is a constituent part of Rabobank's Dublin branch and also has a full AAA rating. In fact Rabobank consistently maintains its AAA ratings. RaboDirect's customers are afforded protection under the [broken link removed]which currently offers higher levels of protection than the scheme operated by the Financial Regulator in Ireland.
Rabobank is licensed by the Dutch Central Bank and also abides by the codes of conduct and business rules of the Financial Regulator.

RaboDirect

have to say agree with smurf, instead of having to monitor news to keep an eye on the situation put it elsewhere!

... just a phone call away

Not quite. It took me 10 weeks to get my money out of them. Long story.
I know the gov has guarenteed the money etc but that's no use if they want it in a hurry. They shut down the web when they feel like it. If it all goes horribly wrong how long will you be waiting then? I like MY cash where I can get MY mits on it when I want it. But that's me.

Back