Monitored alarm

Seric20

Hi,
An elderly relative would like to get a monitored anti burglary alarm installed. Anyone use any that they would recommend. I myself have Eircom phonewatch. It's okay for the most part. Tbh I haven't the time at the minute to research any others hence asking here please.
Are there any that offer discounts or any offers for pensioners.
Thank you

Homesecure.ie just installed our last week.
They have very good reviews over in boards.ie

The installers were pleasant and professional and efficient.

Firstly, it's probably important to note that Phonewatch was sold off years ago - it has no connection with Eir (formerly Eircom).

If I were you, I'd get them a dog - far better home security than any monitored alarm system, with the added benefit of companionship.

myself have Eircom phonewatch. It's okay for the most part.
As Mr. Earl says, Phonewatch were sold off years ago, they were bought by Sector who were stuggling to off-load their out of date technology and saw this as a nice little earner.

They will only supply the Sector kit, and have it locked down so no other security provider in the country can work with it, so you will be locked in to them for monitoring unless you go to the trouble of installing another system. Every other installer will supply a system that can be monitored by a number of providers, thus ensuring there is competition to keep prices lower.

Also note that their default designs will only detect an intruder once they are already inside your home, most other providers will quote you for a system that covers all potential entry points and explain that to you without the pushy sales speak.

PhoneWatch also don't employ fitters who are qualified to wire the system into your mains, so instead will install the box near a socket! A security system should be installed on it's own circuit. You don't want a faulty appliance tripping the RCD taking out your alarm system.

So whatever you do, don't get PhoneWatch! Look up licensed installers in your area and ask a few to quote.

Was thinking of getting Phonewatch in until I read this forum and another one elsewhere on same site. How can so many people be satisfied on Trustpilot ? Can hardly find a bad word about them there.

How can so many people be satisfied on Trustpilot ? Can hardly find a bad word about them there.
Most people only become aware of TrustPilot after a company asks them to post a review there, so they tend to be more positive as companies don't ask dissatisfied customers to post reviews.

Back