Mobile home owners rights

At least you're getting a reduction. On a park in Liscannor and just told 5 mins ago we have to pay the full fees. Fees btw that were increased by 200 euro when we got our renewal notification before lockdown. Surely this can't be right?

But what services provided by the site aren’t required because of the lockdown?

My golf club hasn’t given me a discount; the place still had to be maintained, insured, etc.

At least you're getting a reduction. On a park in Liscannor and just told 5 mins ago we have to pay the full fees. Fees btw that were increased by 200 euro when we got our renewal notification before lockdown. Surely this can't be right?
the owner probably got full fees from some ppl at the start of the year and thinks due to moral hazzard he can get it from everyone. Guarantee there will be some individual bargaining going on

Are these contracts you have governed by consumer protection law? Contact the CCPC.

Looks like none of us actually have any legal rights when we use a mobile home park. As a previous post suggested- power in numbers. This is an area that is completely un addressed in law and can only change if people get together and lobby the government.
The owners on our site have increased their fees substantially year on year, have a disclaimer on liability for any accidents, injuries or loss and have now brought in a new rule that we are not allowed carry out any work ourselves but must go via them - if they ever get around to it. As others on this forum have experienced, no receipts are given.
Any one interested in joining/creating a group to lobby for rights?

There is something missing from this thread. Not one of you were forced into this situation. You all knew what you were signing up for. You choose this situation. Now I’ve literally no idea if mobile home parks are making so much money that it’s a business I should invest in, but I suspect not based on my sister in law who has been renting in one for the last 15 years, including decking.

This sounds like a perfect Joe Duffy topic. Did anyone contact the CCPC re unfair contract terms breaches (1995 Regulations))? A lot of you are mentioning classic unfair contract terms, which are illegal.

to lobby for rights?

I think the most effective lobby would be to shop around for this service. With the current insurance landscape, I can't ever see a situation where legislation will give you free reign to carry out whatever works you like on someone else's property.

I think the most effective lobby would be to shop around for this service. With the current insurance landscape, I can't ever see a situation where legislation will give you free reign to carry out whatever works you like on someone else's property.
sorry for the long delay before replying.
We each have to take out full insurance including public liablility, the park take no responsibility for any damage, injury, loss etc.
Based on the number of mobiles in the park I have used up until now, the owners are recieving 350000 per annum, employ only one person but provide contractors to carry out any of the works one might require. These contractors pay a stipend to the site owner for the 'right' to work there, and the mobile home owners pay full costs - somewhat higher than if you were to get a private contractor yourself - I have checked into this.
Personally I will be leaving the site due not only to the excessive greed, but the unbelievable heartlessness of the owner when they were provided with a legitimate reason for a person - not me - being delayed in payment. Two deaths in the family. No concession allowed, no compassion, their mobile was removed from the site the next day - the owner does not know what has been done with it. So insult to injury.

And you are right, no one has to choose to use these sites. however the same could be said for many other situations and utilities. This particular area has zero protection provided to the occupiers and for that reason I think something should be set up. Just my opinion

sorry for the long delay before replying.
We each have to take out full insurance including public liablility, the park take no responsibility for any damage, injury, loss etc.
Based on the number of mobiles in the park I have used up until now, the owners are recieving 350000 per annum, employ only one person but provide contractors to carry out any of the works one might require. These contractors pay a stipend to the site owner for the 'right' to work there, and the mobile home owners pay full costs - somewhat higher than if you were to get a private contractor yourself - I have checked into this.
Personally I will be leaving the site due not only to the excessive greed, but the unbelievable heartlessness of the owner when they were provided with a legitimate reason for a person - not me - being delayed in payment. Two deaths in the family. No concession allowed, no compassion, their mobile was removed from the site the next day - the owner does not know what has been done with it. So insult to injury.

And you are right, no one has to choose to use these sites. however the same could be said for many other situations and utilities. This particular area has zero protection provided to the occupiers and for that reason I think something should be set up. Just my opinion
A friend has one of these in Spain, great value and gets huge use out of it for a fraction of what people are talking about here. It's a way of life over there for an awful lot of people, especially British people. The weather is thrown in for free.

This particular area has zero protection provided to the occupiers and for that reason I think something should be set up. Just my opinion
I do empathise, these seem to be nothing short of a pain. I can only assume people buy in without doing proper research or really understanding the full implications of the terms and conditions. Most of us have a tendency not to consider issues like the bereavements above and how they might affect us when we make these decisions.

The operators are acting within the law, setting up a group will likely achieve little. The only alternative is to seek alternative locations with more palatable rules, but if all the existing ones run on similar lines, there may well be good reason for that. I imagine it's a difficult enough business to be in with the risk of a bad tenant or two dragging down a whole site and ruining your business. If it was an easy way to make money, more people would look to open these and there would be more competition.

Based on the number of mobiles in the park I have used up until now, the owners are recieving 350000 per annum, employ only one person but provide contractors to carry out any of the works one might require.
That's not a great business unless it's very hands off. Once you pay that employee, deduct all other costs and then deduct tax from any income taken out, there are easier ways to make money.

Back