VHI Mixed Family VHI Plans - Reduce the Cost??

TurningGreen

Hi All,

I have a mix of VHI plans for my family. My policy is up 1st January 2018 and I got a quote of
€2341 but checking my account online its seems to have now dropped to €2037.

Me 53 - PMI 41 15 €1254.39
Daughter Student 21 - PMI 12 11 €360.26 (Some Chiropractor services required & covered)
Son Working 19 - Start Plan 250 €189.46
Son 17 - Start Plan 250 €116.93
Daughter 10 - Start Plan 250 €116.93

Is there a cheaper alternative to the above options. Prefer to stick with VHI but willing to move for pricing.

Also quick check, if I move to another provider is there a lead in time for existing condition cover re my daughter and chiropractor.

Thanks in advance.

TurningGreen,

The following VHI plans are cheaper in price with similar hospital cover, the only difference is the inpatient hospital excess, 75 vs 150 per
admission.
PMI 43 16 is similar to your current plan, while PMI 44 16 is similar hospital cover wise, with extra cover for a private room in a private hospital.
PMI 44 16 has very limited day to day cover. Details as follows;

1. PMI 43 16; price 1171pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission, day case excess 50
per visit, similar day to day cover as before.

2. PMI 44 16; price 1102pa; all public, private(including full cover for a private room) + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150
per admission and per day case procedure. Very limited day cover on this plan.

[broken link removed]

The rest of the of the options are best priced at the moment.

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Snowyb,

Thanks for that info and apologies late reply, Christmas madness running around :).

Really appreciate your input every year on Health Insurance matters, always spot on.

Have a good Christmas and New Year

Kind Regards

TurningGreen

Back