Missing Tax Credits

InfoSeeker

If you are married and your wife (or husband) does not work and you work in the computer industry and you pay via PAYE then your Tax credits MAY not be calculated correctly for this year. You could have lost your married allowance.

The revenue moved to a new computer at the start of this year and something went wrong with the migration I believe.

The interesting thing is how specific the problem is. It almost seems deliberate :)

They did not fix the problem so instead I have been told you have to claim directly to the PAYE office.

I was informed of this by a friend who called the tax office so I assume it’s true. It is worth checking if you meet the conditions just in case.

I fit the profile but my credits are fine. There was a more general issue with tax credits at the start of the year with people losing some or all credits and needing to get (automatically or on explicit request) corrected statements of tax credits. Are you sure that this is not just part of the same problem?

There was a more general issue with tax credits at the start of the year with people losing some or all credits and needing to get (automatically or on explicit request) corrected statements of tax credits.
Nowhere near that specific profile, neither married or involved in IT, and started the year with next to nil tax credits. They did have huge problems early in the year as stated above, no matter what profile you fell under. One of my parents came out with near perfect credits, the other had it nearly as bad as my own, yet on similiar profiles.

Back