Misleading Advertising: 10 Minutes walk from (Ennis) town centre ?

AJC

I spotted an ad for a new housing development in the local paper yesterday. The estate is described as being "just a 10 minute walk from Ennis town centre"

Now I live closer to town than this new development. And while I may not be the fittest person around, it would take me closer to 30 minutes than 10 to get to the town centre. I doubt if Gillian O'Sullivan or Jamie Costin could make it in ten.

Is there anything to stop the estate agent in question from throwing up any old untruths they want in their advertising ?

Re: 10 Minutes walk from town centre ?

Contact the ASAI if you consider the advertisement misleading. They'll then take about three months to make a decision by which time the advertising campaign will probably be finished. :(

Theres a new estates beside Clare Hall called Belmayne and on their website they advertised it as 5 minutes away from the city centre.

Estate agents always do this sure Applewood estate in swords was 20 minutes to the city centre also, yet with the traffic in swords it can take you 10 minutes to get down a road.

And funtasia advertise that they are 20 minutes from the city aswell you do see this advertisement at the pictures

Back