Misery

A

Ash

Aren't the people of Darfur suffering enough without the new and appalling BandAid 20 single being inflicted on the world in their name?

It's not in their name!

It's in aid of the people who are suffering at the behest of a regime accused of genocide and am sure couldn't give a flying f*ck where the help comes from.

I don't know what your point was but it doesn't look like it belongs here!

Thanks Gunner,

Of course I realise there is a very serious issue behind the recording. I'm not trying to stir anything, honestly. My initial post was intended as a blackly humourous comment.
The song is still dreadful.

song

I know.

Wouldn't dream of defending song although No 1 bound it is.

Re: song

Anything that can be done to make money to try and alleviate the suffering of the people in Darfur should be lauded, even if it was a duet with Bono & Daniel O Donnell. So get off your fat a**es and go out and buy the Band Aid single, even if you dont listen to it. It is a sad day that at a time when the majority of the country is bathing in opulence, we fail to see the suffering of others even though it is on T.V & radio and in the papers every day :(

re:song

If you don't like the song, don't buy it.

Donate.

'Don't need motivational tactics/gimicks/badges//flowers/cd's.

Re: re:song

Some would argue that the song and the buying of it relieves people's consciences about what is going on in Darfur. That it diverts attention from what we should really be doing in that region by creating a happy warm feeling.
You may or may not agree with that theory.

Of course the motives behind Geldof's plans are purely good - and buying it cannot not help some people who are suffering from starvation - just as long as it's coupled with real international action from the world's governments.
Unfortunately, efforts such as this often have a tendency to be viewed as a total solution - when in fact what they do barely scratches the surface.

Haven't heard it but I'm pretty sure it'll be a dreadful song alright. Am glad though that they snubbed Ronan Keating and Westlife. Very funny.

Misery!??

What exactly is so awful about the song?

I think it's a great interpretation of a classic.

Back