Microgenerator - ESB registration NC6

Itchy

I have a Zerver Solar PV Inverter installed c. 2016. I have been informed it has not been registered with the ESB and need to apply for retrospective approval. To do so they require a Safe Electric Installer to verify that the unit complies with EN50438, and to send them the number of the 'Type Test Certificate'.

The unit does comply with the standard according to the product datasheet and there is a setting on the unit that is set to the standard. However, I cant find any certification document online (there are documents available for other standards/models but not mine). I have contacted the distributor/manufacturer for the cert but no luck so far (the manufacturer ceased in 2019).

Is there a database of these certificates I can access somewhere? There is a unique number required which presumably the ESB can verify by accessing this database?

I'm not aware of a database of these certs and from reading various forms it seems the EN50438 standard is unique to Ireland so the market for approved inverters is very small.
Can your installer help? some intensive googling might find another owner of your inverter brand and they may have a type cert they could send you

I'm not aware of a database of these certs and from reading various forms it seems the EN50438 standard is unique to Ireland so the market for approved inverters is very small.
Can your installer help? some intensive googling might find another owner of your inverter brand and they may have a type cert they could send you
All googled out and no idea who the installer was. Thanks.

Back