Motor MCL Insurance Ltd

zippidydo

Hi, just shopped around and found MCL way cheaper than all other car insurance quotes. Has anybody ever heard of them or used them? The reckon they are underwritten by AIG Ireland Ltd. Tried AIG direct and they coming in about 100euro more.

I used them (as www.30plus.ie) last year, and found them fine....best quote I found at the time, and quick to process cover etc.
(Just to note - my renewal qoute wasn''t very competitive so I moved provider this year, found it a pain to get a paper No Claims Discount statement out of MCL - they sent a copy by email which my new provider couldn't accept a printout of, apparently an original on headed paper is required under Irish law.)

Are all insurance companies obliged by law to send out a hardcopy of no claims bonus to the customer before renewal is due to allow customers to switch companies?

Never heard of them. Quick google says they are an underwriting agent up north. i.e. act as an insurer for the purpose of insurance policies but are generally are limited to dealing with one or two companies.

Back