MBNA C/C. Time from approval to delivery?

mell61 said:
Here's your new mantra, to be repeated daily...
'its a limit.... not a target... ooohm'

Ok, joking aside, my mum went with MBNA and she's gotten caught on a couple of things...
Firstly they can change the date payment is due without warning, so instead of it being the 17th for example suddenly it went to the 10th - it is detailed on the bill, but how many people do ready the due date, when you're 'used' to a specific date.
She then got stung for late fees, I think around the Eu15-20 mark...

Keep an eye out for that.
Its a target if the limit is 9000k thats for sure. Must include flight out of the country though.

I think everyone should be keeping a closer eye on their finances than they do on the telly. When money lenders can make the rules up as they go along, they will of course make sure they get every last penny from you that they can.

Judybaby73 said:
I applied for Tesco and was approved 2000euro but my balance transfer WAS "slightly" over that....

So now I have MBNA for my balance transfer (paying it off as if it was a loan and will have it paid before the six months) and have a BOI gold card with 0% on purchases for 6 months!

I had a BOI UCC affinity credit card and it was costing me loads. I rang BOI and told them I was leaving and they offered me 0% on purchases if I "upgraded" to a Gold card.

So while it's probably silly to have 2 cards I have 0% on the balance transfer with MBNA and 0% on purchases with BOI....I'm happy enough for 6 months!

I just applied to tesco for the craic. turned me down...

Then mbna upped my limit before i even get my first bill !!!

Seriously, do mbna check anything??

Nh

MBNA don't sound enormously responsible.

Why do people accept these ridiculously high limits? Are they flattered or something? Mind-boggling.

MBNA charge 15 euro for a missed payment as i found out when transferring from my now cancelled AIB account (for more reasons than I want to go into here) which takes about three business days.

Still, have found the cheque part of the card useful, they do spam me with mail offering me loans "pre-approved" whoohoo!!...which irritates me a little.

europhile said:
MBNA don't sound enormously responsible.

Why do people accept these ridiculously high limits? Are they flattered or something? Mind-boggling.

Not flattered at all just because its accepted doesn''t mean it will be used!!!:D

Back