What interest rate are you paying? 2.75%

Other borrowings
Credit card 1 - 1900€
Credit card 2 - 3900€(halifax paying as a 135€ pm loan
Credit card 3 - 1900€
Credit card 4 - 490€
Bank loan - 790€(35€ oer week)
Credit Union Loan - 4900 (35€ per week)

Do you pay off your full credit card balance each month? No Min payment on CC1 and 10% per month on CC 2 and 3
If not, what is the balance on your credit card?

Savings and investments: 2500€ in Credit union but cannot access it

Do you have a pension scheme? n/a

Do you own any investment or other property? n/a

Ages of children: n/a

Life insurance:

What specific question do you have or what issues are of concern to you?
I am having a really hard time at the minute trying to make ends meet. I am a full time student in my final year and working 2 jobs(one full time nights) and a weekend job. Its my final year in college and both jobs are becoming a real drain but I cant see what to do in regards my finances(which I know are a mess...) so I can give one of them up. My mortgage is costing me 590€ per month on a 22 year term but as my mother went on the deeds with me I can't get the term extended due to her age.
I have missed a payment or two on all the loans/Credit cards but am back up to date with them now.

Any advice greatly welcomed

My 245k mortgage is costing me 590€ per month on a 22 year term @ 2.75%

[email protected]% = 6737/12 = €560 per month interest only.

It seems to me that you are only paying the interest on the mortgage. If you were to pay it off over 22 years, it would be around €1,200 per month.

So extending the term won't make any difference. It's not a 22 year mortgage, it's an interest only or indefinite mortgage.

You could ask for a full payment moratorium for 6 months so that you can give up one of your jobs and concentrate on your studies. You might not get this, but you could ask for it.

Where are you living? Can you rent out the house or take in a tenant to help with the mortgage payments.

Unfortunately, going to college is an expensive business and it's difficult to pay off a mortgage while at college.

sorry for not being clearer, I only pay half the mortgage as I have a lodger(friend) who makes up the other half.

I did ask to be put intrest only when I went back to college(3 years ago) and they would not agree.But times have indeed changed. I was managing fine until the middle of last year when I got a huge pay cut in my job and had to look for another.

Would I lose my tracker mortgage if I went interest only?

Hi Orchid

You will not lose your tracker if they reschedule your mortgage. Read the Central Bank's Guide to Mortgage Arrears Code.

Ask for a moratorium and you might get it. They should settle for interest only which will save you around €500 a month.

Brendan

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will get on to the bank on Monday and see what they can do for me. It would be great to go interest only for awhile, would give me a chance to chip away at the CC debt and quit one of my jobs

Back