Maternity Benefit

sabrina

I have read the other treads relating to this topic but i am still confued. I worked up until August 2003 had baby in October 2003. Gave up work to mind child (as it was cheaper to stay at home than to pay creche!) My question is this... am i entitled to maternity benefit if i become pregnant again or do i have to be in employment in order to be entitled to any benefits? I have no stamps left becaue i used them up after last baby was born. I am just recently married and i have transferred my Tax Free allowance over to my husband and he has carers allowance credit - are we missing out on anything that we should be entitled too? Any info would be great...

sabrina said:
My question is this... am i entitled to maternity benefit if i become pregnant again or do i have to be in employment in order to be entitled to any benefits?
The latter. See here.
I am just recently married and i have transferred my Tax Free allowance over to my husband and he has carers allowance credit - are we missing out on anything that we should be entitled too?
I don't think so but see this thread for more info. If in doubt contact your local for advice.

Back