Master Card as good as Visa?

phester

I deal with BOI and so would have the best realationship through them. But I have heard people having trouble using mastercard online and abroad. I intend using the card mostly online. Have people found the card still to accepted in only 80% of places.

BOI used to do a VISA card but now will only give mastercard for new customers. They do have a Visa available but its through another company. Any ideas?

Have had a mastercard for years now and have never had problems with it, either on line or otherwise. I've used it in Europe but not the US or Australia...

i had a mastercard a few years back. i came across a few shops in canada that didn't accept it. they took visa though.

I have also used a Mastercard for many years now without any difficulty both here at home and overseas. IMO very little difference between the 2 cards unless you are visiting very out of the way places.

I have a Mastercard... and the only limitation I've ever experienced is online gambling... I occassionally decide to have a flutter with Paddy Power...

With Paddy Power, if you use a Mastercard, you're PP balance can't be credited back to your card, when you want to cash-out. A cheque has to be posted out. If I had a VISA then the balance would be credited back onto my card. That's the only disadv. I've experienced in having a Mastercard

-soc

Back