Marsh are closing their Secured Performance Fund: contribs now to Safe Pension Fund

cord

Marsh have just advised me that they are closing their Secured Performance Fund and my contributions will now be paid in to a Safe Pension Fund.

Having read the literature they sent me I am lost!...and concerned.

They mention that they will take the funds out of my SPF and transfer it to the new SPF over a 20 year period, I hope to retire in the next 10 years!

any ideas please.

I would pull my money from them, and invest it in the National Solidarity Bond, which is the safest option. If you intend not to retire for 10yrs, then maybe you should look at what schemes have money guaranteed, such as the NSB, vs. speculative investments of any kind.

Thanks for the replies. Not sure if I can withdraw my money before I retire and if I can, without penalties. I am still waiting for the Marsh Rep' to come back to me!

Thanks for the replies. Not sure if I can withdraw my money before I retire and if I can, without penalties. I am still waiting for the Marsh Rep' to come back to me!

Marsh service is brutal. You cant withdraw before you retire but you can stop your avc or transfer it out of the group scheme to a prsa avc this will give you full control of your money.

mula

Marsh have just advised me that they are closing their Secured Performance Fund and my contributions will now be paid in to a Safe Pension Fund.

The fund is actually run by Irish Life, not Marsh. Marsh are just the brokers.

My wife is in the same boat. It seems strange that they can get away with this (because it must be costing them money) when the banks cannot force people to give up their tracker mortgages. I presume the Safe Pension Fund is subject to the vagaries of the stock market?

Back