married couple 1 income

Hi Rania,

I had done a long reply but then wasn't allowed post and had to log in again.

1. go to www.hsscu.ie who appear to be very helpful. There is a minimum nominal deduction straight from salary and they have a study bursary and budgeting account among many othere services.

2. I have some experience of salaries in HSE and find that people are not told their entitlements at induction by HR either due staff inexperience or a decision to be 'economical' with the information. NCHD's have a particular difficulty due to the requirement to move site/employer every 6mths/year and most don't pay due attention to their tax affairs until it affects their bottom line at the bank. Please ensure that the salary for the year is all that's on the P60 and I have seen several P45's wrongly made out where the salary is assigned to the incorrect year.

As regards his entitlements, he needs to ask his HR for a list of his allowance. As per previous poster 'if you don't ask, you don't get'. Also there is the NCHD Assoc? which should also have this info. I did a quick search but can't find them. If you can't find them I can look it up for you. They administer the NCHD training grants which is a yearly or per degree module allowance as far as I know.

Hope this helps.

Back