Market research misinformation

Ash

In yesterday's post, a letter was delivered which was only VAGUELY like my name and address. Wrong initial, one letter different from surname, address a rare name applied to the road we live on. All this was hand written. There was no return address.

Fairly certain it was unlikely to be for me, I opened it and hoped to see a return or forwarding address, etc. It turns out it was from a market research company which had apparently carried out a research interview with "this person". Not me, I generally avoid market researchers and certainly hadn't taken part in a survey recently. They (the company) were asking them to complete another survey by answering more questions - this time about the first interview!

Now, as I see it, either the researcher made a hash of taking name and address details from their interviewee or someone answered the questions and gave false details, or the interviewer invented a client and the company bosses are auditing their own employees work.

Do I bother to return the envelope or just chuck it all in the recycle bin? I'm thinking the latter. So much for reliable market research surveys!

Back