Management Company

Johno

I own an apartment in a block which is managed by a management company. Bought apartment at end of 2005. In January 2006 I recieved an invoice for the management fee and letter from the company stating the services they provide to owners. On the top of the list was they hold an AGM. They never held an AGM in 2006 and in January 2007 received another invoice with an increase in fees of 20% on 2006.
I wrote to the management company in January 07 asking why they never held an AGM which is required by company law and why their is no mention of an AGM for 2007. That was in January 07 and I never got a reply until today requesting payment as "money is tight".No mention of the queries in my letter to them!

My question is can a management company (which is a limited company) increase fee's without holding an AGM or indeed fail to hold an AGM at all?

Thanks

As an apartment owner are you not a member/shareholder of the company? If in doubt check the management company lease with the property deeds or ask your solicitor for advice.

Back