Management Companies - Account Information

Jason_77

Hi Folks,

Can you please offer advice on questions relating to management companies.

In relation to the management fees, before I pay these I would like to see what the money was spent on during the last financial year i.e. Upto 31st December 2006.
Can someone tell me if I am within my right to request a full financial review of the management accounts for the last year? (I have been unable to contact the management company for an answer to this).
In a recent letter I received, it was mentioned that these accounts would be made available at the AGM, but this is later in the year. Does that mean I don't have to pay until the AGM? Even though they are asking for payment within 14 days?

Any information that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason.

Can someone tell me if I am within my right to request a full financial review of the management accounts for the last year? (I have been unable to contact the management company for an answer to this).
Can't you get them from the CRO (for a fee) if the management company is a limited company and they lodged their accounts on time?
In a recent letter I received, it was mentioned that these accounts would be made available at the AGM, but this is later in the year. Does that mean I don't have to pay until the AGM? Even though they are asking for payment within 14 days?
You normally have to pay for a part year if you buy mid financial year.

Your solicitor should really be advising you on this stuff.

Back