Making an offer to a receiver.

Lone Star

We are in a position to make an offer on a property. The receiver is open to offers (house is not yet advertised), the person I spoke to said they refer offers to their sales agent to ensure they are getting market value. The house has been empty over a year, is tatty but in overall good condition. Any suggestions on going in below market value? Our own house next door is identical - two houses built on a shared site (the other house has a very narrow parking area and previous residents would reverse into our garden/gravelled area to get out - encroaching well in excess of the shared access/exit zone (our house was set back - where theirs was set forward - so our space at the back is narrow). Our own house was valued at around 325K 2 years ago - possibly in the region of 350K at the moment. Would an offer of 250 to 270K be scoffed at with around 3 months to close the deal as sale of my other house goes through. Any potential buyers will be made aware by us of the land access - I see it as something that would put off some buyers. Many thanks.

The receiver has an obligation to get the best possible price so, unless your offer is close to current values, they'd be better off going to the market.

You can always ask.............

mf

Back