Making a claim-home and contents insurance

Lyndan

Hey All

I have home insurance with The AA. I have accidental damage cover and recently i accidentally damaged me coffee table, by way of a ciggarette burn!

I am wondering when I contact them to make a claim, do i tell them this? I know most insurance companies find anyway to get out of giving you back money. The coffee table is worth about €300

Anyone have any experience with claiming from the AA?

Cheers

Re: Making a claim...

Personally I wouldn't make a claim. You may be hit with an increased premium when you renew next year and you may find it difficult to switch to another insurer if you are not claim free- could be the most expensive coffee table you ever had. Better to take it on the chin I'd say.

no claims status - burglary repored but did not follow through with claim ??

i recently reported a break in to my insurance company ... damage to door amounts to 350

does the fact that i have reported the break in and not followed through the claim mean that i have lost my no claims status ??

Lyndan said:
Hey All

I have home insurance with The AA. I have accidental damage cover and recently i accidentally damaged me coffee table, by way of a ciggarette burn!

I am wondering when I contact them to make a claim, do i tell them this? I know most insurance companies find anyway to get out of giving you back money. The coffee table is worth about €300

Anyone have any experience with claiming from the AA?

Cheers
Hardly worth claiming for the reason mentioned by Carpenter and the fact that your excess is probably a good chunk of the €300 anyway. Must have been some cigarette if you damaged the table beyond repair or continued use!

Back