Maintenance fee - tax relief

You can claim tax back on service charges paid to management agent, not just limited on the refuse charges.

Look at the 2007 budget and it gives you the limit.

Are you referring to owner occupiers or investors?

You can claim tax back on service charges paid to management agent, not just limited on the refuse charges.
What sort of service charges? I thought that it was just for refuse and water etc. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't relate to most or all of any management company charge that might apply in a privately managed development (whatever about the portion that might be attributable to refuse charges etc.) if that's what anybody thinks.

What sort of service charges? I thought that it was just for refuse and water etc. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't relate to most or all of any management company charge that might apply in a privately managed development (whatever about the portion that might be attributable to refuse charges etc.) if that's what anybody thinks.

I think the claiming back of management charges that do not relate to refuse and water (management fees) may only be deductible where the property owner is an investor. This is one of the advantages of being an investor vs being an owner occupier.

Back