Lusk

J

janice67

HI all, i'm looking at a hse in Dun Emer - Lusk, Co. Dublin. I'm not from Dublin so I don't know anything about it. Can anyone let me kmow some information? Thanks

Hi Janice,

There has been some previous discussion on Lusk on AAM here. Unfortunately there does not apper to be any mention of Dun Emer.

Hi Janice
I live in Dun Emer and while initially having reservations about Lusk, I am now coming to like it. The village itself is very higgeldy piggeldy which some might call cute but walking around, especially with a child in a buggy can be difficult as there's quite a few streets with no footpaths etc. Overall the village is very underdeveloped presently considering the population. There is one village shop/post office which is badly laid out and always very busy. There are a couple of nice enough pubs but as yet no restaurants/cafes. Generally we have found people to be very friendly and there is still a country village feel to the place.
There is a new village centre under construction with small supermarket and a couple of smaller units (one of which is going to be a cafe) and I have seen at least one planning application for a restaurant in the village.
As to Dun Emer I would say its a nice enough estate and I like the houses.
However, I will say be very thorough with your snag list, the finish on the houses I thought was very poor, though that seems to be a problem common to all new houses these days.
We've had to have the builder back a few times so if you do buy, test everything that couldnt be checked at the time of snagging, eg all radiators, hot water , plumbing etc, we had a gas fire installed to discover our chimney was blocked.
One drawback of Dun Emer is that you are about 2 miles from the train station (I havent actually measured it but its a good walk I'd say)
Overall though I think DunEmer/Lusk are good value for money , after looking around the general area for a few months I found Skerries very overpriced and dare I say it overrated , it is a lovely village but some of the estates are huge and miles away from the village and the houses I looked at were generally quite small. I think Donabate is really nice but again I think it is very expensive for what you get (especially once you add stamp duty if buying 2nd hand)
Rush has a beautiful beach and is a nice little town albeit quite sprawling, we didnt look at a lot of houses in Rush but they seemed (relatively) good value for money.
I am from the north side of Dublin originally and for me Bettystown Laytown and Balbriggan were just too far out for me and I didnt find that the houses there were that much cheaper to justify a longer commute.
These are all just personal opinions/observations but I hope they are of some help to you.
cheers
Jed

Back