Lump sum deposit

Invest or deposit (as it says in the thread title)?

Deposit - almost certainly Raisin Bank.
Lots of discussion about them in other threads they're mentioned in the Best Buys threads.

Investment - depends on lots of factors, your overall financial/personal situation, your plans, what debts you have, if you have a pension etc etc.

Attempted to download their IDnow app for verification purposes but they ask for another ID which is not
the password I created when registering.
Here's the comical bit. Rang their helpline number ( Dublin Ireland) to be told after a long spiel about all the help available
to 'thicks' like me; Leave a message. Short break and then told 'We are sorry, this mailbox is full and not accepting messages'
I'd be slow to invest in a bank that treats potential customers like that.

I've opened a few. The easiest ones to open are the ones that don't require a postal application. J&T, Younited are completely done online.

Reactions: jim
Has anyone succeeded in opening a Deposit Account through RaisinBank ?
I started opening a deposit acc via Raisin with a Portuguese bank. It's a couple of weeks now but partly my fault as I ignored the email about printing out and posting the application form. Still waiting for confirmation of the commencement of the contract. Using the online ID app and video call was a faff but quite amusing!

Wonder if the raisin rates will increase after the ECB today (including next year's flagged increases) or likely already priced in?

Attempted to download their IDnow app for verification purposes but they ask for another ID which is not
the password I created when registering.
Here's the comical bit. Rang their helpline number ( Dublin Ireland) to be told after a long spiel about all the help available
to 'thicks' like me; Leave a message. Short break and then told 'We are sorry, this mailbox is full and not accepting messages'
I'd be slow to invest in a bank that treats potential customers like that.
I second that. I recently uploaded a bank statement 100% correct and did the ID verification (twice because first time they said my flash wasn't working). Everything seemed fine but now according to my dashboard I still need to do both! What happened there? Their phone mailbox not accepting messages, several days to answer an email? Terrible customer service is a red light for me so I'll take my money elsewhere.

I have opened a few term deposits via Raisin without any issues.

I also have had no issues with their customer support (contacted via email), I actually found them quite good, but I have not needed to contact them in while.

I suspect that Raisin are overrun at the moment with applications because of the rate hikes and this is causing knock on customer service effects.

Last edited:
Back