Lump sum deposit

Invest or deposit (as it says in the thread title)?

Deposit - almost certainly Raisin Bank.
Lots of discussion about them in other threads they're mentioned in the Best Buys threads.

Investment - depends on lots of factors, your overall financial/personal situation, your plans, what debts you have, if you have a pension etc etc.

Attempted to download their IDnow app for verification purposes but they ask for another ID which is not
the password I created when registering.
Here's the comical bit. Rang their helpline number ( Dublin Ireland) to be told after a long spiel about all the help available
to 'thicks' like me; Leave a message. Short break and then told 'We are sorry, this mailbox is full and not accepting messages'
I'd be slow to invest in a bank that treats potential customers like that.

I've opened a few. The easiest ones to open are the ones that don't require a postal application. J&T, Younited are completely done online.

Reactions: jim
Has anyone succeeded in opening a Deposit Account through RaisinBank ?
I started opening a deposit acc via Raisin with a Portuguese bank. It's a couple of weeks now but partly my fault as I ignored the email about printing out and posting the application form. Still waiting for confirmation of the commencement of the contract. Using the online ID app and video call was a faff but quite amusing!

Wonder if the raisin rates will increase after the ECB today (including next year's flagged increases) or likely already priced in?

I second that. I recently uploaded a bank statement 100% correct and did the ID verification (twice because first time they said my flash wasn't working). Everything seemed fine but now according to my dashboard I still need to do both! What happened there? Their phone mailbox not accepting messages, several days to answer an email? Terrible customer service is a red light for me so I'll take my money elsewhere.

I have opened a few term deposits via Raisin without any issues.

I also have had no issues with their customer support (contacted via email), I actually found them quite good, but I have not needed to contact them in while.

I suspect that Raisin are overrun at the moment with applications because of the rate hikes and this is causing knock on customer service effects.

Last edited: