Luggage repair

Gotcha Covered

Hi, can anybody advise me where in Dublin I can get a zip replaced for my luggage bag (mid to large size). I've learned that Adamson Luggage is permanently closed and WG Skelton only service Samsonite products.

Swords shoe repairs on the Main Street in Swords. It’s a few years since I was there but they used to do that sort of thing. Been around forever and always found them helpful.

Out of curiosity just had a quick look on Google maps and nothing showing up for opposite Arnotts. Perhaps like a lot of other companies Covid has done for them.

It's called express alteration which is located right next too PAB travel on middle abbey street.

Ah, had wondered if it was in the same building next door to PAB where there used to be a watch repair guy but that now shows a place for piercings/tattoos.

The last time I was there,there was a few different businesses set up in the basement.
They done a great job replacing the zip of my heavy dive gear travel bag.

64 Middle Abbey St
You can see the sign at first floor level between wigwam and pab. I haven't been in the last year so don't know if it's still there.

My problem with suitcases is when the handle breaks. Dumped two perfectly good suitcases this year with minor problems that I couldn't fix. One had a wonky wheel....you ended up dragging the thing along the footpath. The other.....the pulling handle snapped while going over a step in old town Rimini, ended up carrying it like one of the old suitcases for the rest of the holiday. Shows how lazy I have become.

The problem is...I purchased one of the cases from one of the Chinese shops abroad and paid about €18 for it. The other was bought in Penneys during an end of year sale for €10. Both served us well for many years. I would probably have paid the cost of a new suitcase to get them fixed....

It's these guys.
Middle Abbey st, Grafton Street (above space NK) and Naas.

But I don't think they do luggage.

Adamson's simply decided to close the business with a solvent liquidation before things too negative for them

Tara leathers might be an option http://taraleathers.ie/

Last edited:
Back