LPT due date

jim

Is LPT due end of December for everyone, is this the standard due date each yr?

Does anyone know if its ok to pay it in early Jan instead or is there a penalty for doing so?

Thanks.

Latest date for payment in full is 10th January.

I think you still also have the option to set up an annual direct debit payment for any date of your choosing up to the 21st March.

THe 10th of January deadline is for paying in cash or card. If you set up a debit from your bank account, it comes out in March

You can pay by direct debit. In the past you could just fill out a DD form and send it in but this option is no longer available.

Its also very simple to pay it by Visa card on the phone as far as i can recall.

I think i set this up via payroll so it is taken at source.
A family member had it paid this way and in that case it was deducted from payroll month by month but only actually paid after the year end when the full annual charge had accumulated. Public service. I was surprised that it was done that way.

A family member had it paid this way and in that case it was deducted from payroll month by month but only actually paid after the year end when the full annual charge had accumulated. Public service. I was surprised that it was done that way.
Actually yes, I moved house last year and LPT had to be paid in full and then request the refund from revenue relating to payments already made through payroll, if I remember rightly. Was weird way of doing it alright.

For some reason I used to think it was due in March. So I used to go online in March and pay in full then - there was never a fine

Back