LPT and the fool I am.

KOW

Paying property tax since 2013. This January been the fool I am I updated the value of my property due to the fact that valuations I thought were to be updated this year.
I now know that this is not until November. In the mean time I have arrears of 1200euro and cannot get a tax clearance cert until arrears are paid. I contacted the LPT explained the situation.
To cut a long story short I now have to appeal to revenue to have the value of the property reinstated to what it correctly was and supply some type of proof from agent etc of the value back in 2013. I then most likely will have to apply for a refund for the monies paid over in order to get my tax clearance cert. Ahhhhhhhh.

The appeal should is painless unless it's a one-off house. I had to get specific clearance to sell a house, and I just sent revenue a screenshot of their own LPT valuation map.
If similar houses sold in the area, get details from PPR website.

RedOnion thanks. I pay direct month by month so had to agree to pay increased amount until appeal sorted in order to get tax Clearance Cert.
Have screen shot from PPR website. All in order there.
Unfortunately cant email info for appeal have to write to Limerick office with info to get sorted. Anyway at least it will be sorted.
Thanks again.

Back