Bank of Ireland Lost tracker, switched to ptsb - should BoI take me back?

DeiseBoy 2

I received tracker redress compensation from BOI in early 2018. I appealed and then received a further amount. We sold the Dublin house in question in 2016 and now live in a new house in Waterford. Our mortgage is currently with PTSB (variable rate). I wrote to BOI to inquire about our possible right to go back on the BOI tracker for the new house. They responded to say this won’t happen as the new house is under a new mortgage transaction with a different bank and therefore we wouldn't be entitled to go back on a tracker. However BOI, like other banks, offer a Tracker Mover Rate which allows people to retain their trackers if they sell and move to a new property.

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/borrow/mortgages/mover/starter-tracker-for-mover/

My question is, should I pursue this with the Ombudsman? Do you think I’d have a case to go onto the Tracker Mover rate for the new property given that we would have stayed with BOI if we'd been on a tracker all along? Has anybody else been in a similar scenario?

It seems a bit late now.

Why did you not make that part of your appeal? I think that the Appeal Panel would probably have told BoI to take you back.

Now that you have accepted the Appeal's Panel decision, I don't think you can go to the Ombudsman.

If you were not aware of the tracker mover product, you could ask the Appeals Panel to reopen it. I doubt that they will though.

Brendan

My appeal included a request to move back on to the original tracker for the new house. I also raised it in a separate complaint to BOI last year and finally received a response on January 25th to say that "as the mortgage was not switched on a like for like basis, the Bank has concluded that our failure relating to you account was not the reason that prompted the original switch to PTSB". They also told me I can speak to the FSPO. I only became aware of the tracker mover product last week so I'm filling out the form for the Ombudsman based on that.

Back