Lost EHIC

Look ahead

I have lost my EHIC, i dont have the number. I have searched online and I dont see no reference to how to replace it. There is an option to renew but the one i lost was only issued a year ago. Does anyone know bow i can replace it?
Do I even need this card if i have travel insurance and irish health insurance?

I have lost my EHIC, i dont have the number. I have searched online and I dont see no reference to how to replace it. There is an option to renew but the one i lost was only issued a year ago. Does anyone know bow i can replace it?
yes if you want access to the public health systems...otherwise no.

I got the link by entering EHIC into google search - it wasn't rocket science, or even science

You will need to apply for a new one, myself and my partner had to apply for a new one when we moved house no option to change the address on the card.

If you get in contact with them and give them your dates of travel they will send you a letter of indemnity to cover you while you are away while the new card is being provided.

When you get your new card might I suggest that you take a few photocopies of it just in case it goes astray. Whilst a photocopy will probably not be acceptable for official purposes it can be helpful in sorting out this type of problem were it to recur.

Back