Looking to rent offices Dublin city centre

Gordanus

I'm looking to move from my current place, and I have a few questions about commercial renting. Is there a going rate which is already set according to the Location, or is the going rate just what they can get? I read something about Zone A rents and didn't know if it's fixed or what.

Secondly, I've been looking for a while and I see a hell of a lot of emplty space in the city centre. But it's all very expensive. You'd think they'd reduce the rents. Or the space is too big for me but they won't rent out half of it and I see the signs up for a long time - well over a year for a location I'd really like! Do the owners get some sort of tax break if they leave an office emptly even if they could let it?

Lastly, what's a normal lease length?

Hi Gordanus,
Just noticed your post. I was recently in similar situation as I recently left a secure, high paying job to set up on my own. I didn't want to get tied down with the big overheads of signing a long term lease, kitting out the office etc. I'm actually subletting now from another co, but it is in a managed office.
The other co is fairly small in Ireland, and they rent two suites in a managed office block, on ebig and one reasonably small. I think the total cost is 4k, so I'd expect it is split to 1300-2700
Big and small offices at varying rates and I think only one months notice period. Broadband, phone etc all provided (you must pay for phone calls) and post is managed. I'm sure there are others like this out there but for info purposes this one is focussuitesireland in Harcourt St.

Hi amgd28, thanks for that. just googled focussuitesireland and got a webpage about rooms suitabel for market researc renting by the hour! Not really what I want! I've got all the office furniture as I've been renting for a good while since moving out of the serviced office sector. Got too big for the one I had been using and the others were unsuitable for a variety of reasons (and way too expensive - Regus topping out the lot). I'm not in a great hurry and have about 5 months to find somewhere.

Yeah I know they use some of their rooms for market research, but they definitely lease out offices on monthly basis. If you want to email someone to enquire, send a mail to [email protected].
Anyway with five months to search, I'm sure you'll find something soon
Good luck!

Yes rents in Dublin City Centre can range from area and from type of offices. Obviously brand new well serviced offices in the D2/D4 areas are at a premium.
There is a considerable vacancy rate of offices all over Dublin at the moment but I couldn't tell you what percentage off the top of my head. This means that the tenant can negotiate favourable lease terms in relation to break options/rent reviews & more than likely rent free periods.
It really depends on the size of office you're looking for and your covenant strength (how trustworthy a tenant you will be financially). Those tenants who are prepared to enter into a long lease are going to be at a much better standpoint with regards to a bargaining position.

PS
I do work for a commercial estate agent but am not an estate agent myself.

Back