Looking for someone to design a bottle !!!

Irldigi

As the title states...

I'm looking for someone to help in the design of a bottle for a new drink product. Prefer a free lancer....

Contact me by PM.

Thanks,

Digi

The design of the bottle is the easy part.

The issue is the design of the manufacturing, filling and packaging process, coupled with space and stacking factors for distribution and then along with retailer/consumer storage and display compatibility.

See what's available already and consider getting your first runs contract packed.

RD...

Like I said.... "looking for someone to design a bottle" !!

The manufacturing process is in hand, obviously will need to consider manufacturability, but looking for someone to come up with some concepts etc...

Thanks,

Digi

concepts.............
opening as high as possible?
low centre of gravity?

This is an interesting one

I do a bit of sculpture and am very into shape and form etc... For what it's worth, I can remember years and years ago (well, about 18 yrs ago!) being on holiday in France as a kid and being amazed my those little glass bottles of Orangina....it was the first time I had seen anything like it and I remember thinking the bottles really stood out in the supermarches and I was so excited about trying it for myself!

Basically, the first thing you need is an eyecatching, innovative shape -preferably something that hasn't been done before. Secondly, the bottle also needs to be user-friendly - it needs to be easliy grasped and not an awkward shape for the hand. The type if material you use in fabricating the bottle is also important in this regard. I'm more or less of the opinion that as much has been done with the plastic bottle as is possible, for the next few years anyway, and I would be an advocate of a glass bottle approach. Glass has the benefit of being more easily recyclable too, which is important to many consumers nowadays. Glass is also a more sculptural material, and aesthetically more pleasing to the eye than plastic. Coloured glass is also a possibility - purples and blues are very good colours to go for if the product is a beverage, and I would stay away from reds, yellows and greens. However, glass is less malleable than plastic and so a glass bottle may not have the same "grasp factor" as a plastic one.

Hope this helps

Noor

Before you procees can I suggest you do a brutal analysis of the cost incurred before you fill your first bottle. Glass (if that's your preference) is very tough on the mound it uses to get its form and typically the cost of a mould is in the region of €500k. You would also need to have a pre mould to prove the concept. If you are in this scale of magnitude great. There is an excellent organisation in we.. Norn iron (name escapes me right now). Failing that there are a handful of furnaces in GB (furnace costs in the region of €100m) Italy is the next port of call. If you are interested I can do a bit of legwork for you on these places (only if you ask nicely)

The alternative is to use a non proprietary design (not in accord with original posting) but if you used a design that is not used for drinks you may be able to come to an arrangement.

The set up for PET is also quite high and the design possibilities are more limited due to the injection/Stretch blow molding process.

Good luck

Back